Monday, December 31, 2007

Introduction

I have never been, am not, and will never be an aspiring writer. Double Celling is a short story I wrote to support Dinah in her interactive novel project. Since I'm not trying to get published there will be no rewrites, but I am open to ideas and suggestions for future reference. I'm making this up as I go along and I'm really not sure what's going to happen next. If this bothers you and you'd rather read a real writer, please see Dinah's blog Double Billing and give her some feedback. It will make her happy.

Recently I realized I was slowly becoming surrounded by writers. Bad Fiction is a story about a writer in prison. They say write about what you know, so that pretty much covers it. Since this story is set in prison it will probably involve the basics: sex, drugs, violence and nasty words. If this bothers you and you'd rather read a real writer, please see Dinah's blog Double Billing and give her some feedback.

And finally, please see Dinah's blog Double Billing and give her some feedback.

4 comments:

Sarebear said...

I get the idea you want us to go over to DB and give her some feedback . . . .

Would putting too much power into my stereo speakers do it for ya?

hee hee.

word verify was xicdr

I see dr.

guess that's better n seeing dead people . . .

Anonymous said...

cute dog.--d

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I think I read the first part. I read it in the attachement, not on the blog, just in case you're timing me.

You're still smart.

Is part two the continuation or a rewrite? I'll get there in the next couple of days now that I don't have so many charges to attend to.

I read it thinking that the next part was a rewrite, not a continuation, and so I read parts of it fast, thinking I'd be reading a later version, oops. So now I need to reread part of it.

I like a lot of it.
I'm a bit confused by the narrator, hoping that gets cleared up soon. He seems to be everywhere and I don't quite get it, he needs a place and a voice. I was sad that Puckett died and I wasn't sure of Donte's motive or why Anthony is so central to this given that Donte is the actual killer.

Okay, so I need to back track a little, and I'm now looking forward to the next installment.

Your use of language is always colorful!

ClinkShrink said...

Part two is a continuation. I agree about the narrator weirdness---I stick with a third person narrator in the second part. Donte killed the C.O. because Puckett was interfering with his institutional drug business. That was a bit obscure; Donte mentioned Puckett (dawg) was 'putting the hurt on' him. Antonio was central rather than Donte because I couldn't give away who was actually going to get killed. Antonio thought they were going to kill Bo.

Thank you for reading my story.

When you say you're 'attending to your charges' that has quite a different meaning for me. I'm glad you're clearing up all those old warrants.